Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Monkeys and Mugs

So, I've been doing ALOT of crochetting lately and so far only have one monkey to show for it. I've got two more in the works that I'll hopefully be done soon. My favorite thing about making my sock monkeys is trying to find ways to make them all original. This is the one that I made for Kennedy and it is really sweet if I must say so my self :)




It took me awhile to figure out how to crochett the design right into the monkey instead of adding it on top afterwards and if I did something like it again I would have to make afew tweaks to it but all in all really quite cool. I like the little gold medal I made for it too :)

I also bought one of those "make your mugs" from chapters (I like those ones more then the ones at Starbucks because they have more room inside for dimensional inserts). I used it to make my Dad a new coffee travel coffee mug becuase he uses his other starbucks one everyday so I thought it would be nice to be able to switch it up sometimes.




I love the quote I put on it too... if you know my Dad it's a very him quote (although I think I should have changed it to "Let not the sands of time get into your coffee" instead of lunch :). I also used a picture of Neil Armstrong which is one of the moments in history that my Dad seems to remember the most so it just seemed kind fitting to put in one there.

Anyways, latter days :D

3 comments: